Eating only 8 strawberries each day, can lead to improved health and vitality.
Here are the 8 reasons why:
1 Strawberries are crammed with nutrients that are good for you, and a serving of 8 medium-size strawberries provide you with the following:
- 45 calories
- 140% of your daily recommended intake of vitamin C
- 8% of your daily recommended intake of folate
- 12% of recommended intake of fiber
- 6% of recommended intake of potassium
- Only around 7 grams of sugar
2 Strawberries may hold off diabetes
- Studies have shown that people who included strawberries in their diet on a regular basis, had lower risk of becoming diabetic than those people who rarely or never ate strawberries.
3 Strawberries are good for your heart
- Anthocyanins are natural plant chemicals found in strawberries, and study results proved that high intake of anthocyanin (at least 3 helpings of strawberries per week) is associated with lower risk of heart attacks in mature women.
4 Strawberries are good for your mind
- Researchers found that adding strawberries to your daily diet can play a big role in staving off dementia in old age
5 Strawberries contain less sugar than most people realize
- Strawberries only contain about 7 grams of sugar per one-cup serving. This is much less when compared to the top popular fruits: bananas, grapes, apples and oranges.
6 Strawberries have more vitamin C than oranges
- Most people think that oranges are the best source of vitamin C, however, a cup of strawberries have more vitamin C than an orange. Vitamin C is known for its antioxidant properties, helping to protect the body.
7 Strawberries are versatile
- Although many people still consider strawberries to be a dessert-only fruit, they are extremely versatile and add great flavour to salads and savoury dishes.
8 Strawberries are everyone’s favourite fruit
- Consumer surveys indicate that among the top 5 most common fruit: bananas, grapes, apples, oranges and strawberries, more than a third of the respondents indicated that strawberries were their favourite.