- 1x camembert
- 15 cm cotton string
- Rosemary sprigs (fresh), chopped
- Half a fresh lemon (skin for filling and juice for sauce)
- Black pepper, ground
- 2x sheets phyllo pastry
- 10 ml butter
- 200 g fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- ½ cup water or the lemon juice from the ingredient list above
- Rosemary & black pepper to taste
- Sauce: place the strawberries, water (or lemon juice), rosemary and black pepper in a small sauce pan. Cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut the camembert in half, sprinkle some lemon zest (skin), black pepper and chopped Rosemary leaves over both rounds’ soft part, and place them on top of each other.
- Take two phyllo pastry sheets, butter each one, and place the buttered sides on top of each other. Now butter the both out sides of the double sheets. Place the filled camembert in the middle and fold it like a parcel and bind with the cotton string.
- Put your oven on 180 C, when ready bake the camembert pastry until golden brown.
- Pour the strawberry sauce through a sieve, and squash the soft fruit through to make a thick sauce.
- Serve the warm camembert parcel with the rosemary infused strawberry syrup!