Take strawberries to a whole new level of deliciousness with this simple recipe.
Ingredients Serve 2-4
- 125 ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 100 g cream cheese
- 125 ml crumbled blue cheese
- 16 large strawberries, topped and hollowed
- 45 ml walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Use spring onion cream cheese instead of plain
- Use pecan nuts in place of walnuts
- Place the vinegar in a small saucepan, bring to a boil and cook until the liquid is reduced by half. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the blue cheese crumbs.
- Cut the top of each strawberry, and cut the centres from each.
- Fill each strawberry with a spoon full of blue cheese filling to overflowing.
- Dip each cheese top into the chopped nuts
- Chill until serving, drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Chop parsley and spring onion finely and sprinkle over stuffed strawberries.