- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 170 g digestive biscuits
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- ¾ pink Himalayan salt
- 1-litre vanilla ice cream
- 350 g fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and halved
- 15 ml fresh lemon juice
- 15 ml lemon rind
To make the crust:
- Toast the coconut in a pan until golden brown.
- Blend the digestive biscuits until fine crumbs.
- Mix the coconut, crumbs, coconut oil and salt in a bowl.
- Press the crumb mixture into a pie dish. Place in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
Prepare the filling:
- Take the vanilla ice cream from the freezer, and let it stand outside for about 5 minutes, until slightly soft.
- Scoop 1-litre soft ice cream in a blender, add the strawberries, lemon juice and rind to the ice cream and blend until smooth.
- Scoop the ice cream on top of the pie crust, place it in the freezer until frozen (about 3-4 hours).
- Heat a sharp knife, cut slices and serve with fresh mint and fresh strawberry.
Marelie’s comments about this recipe:
This ice cream pie may become one of the best desserts for Christmas 2020! It is easy, healthy and delicious among a wide audience! Have fun with different combinations. As you know by now, strawberries pair well with many flavours such as chocolate, basil, granadilla, vanilla, black or pink pepper, lavender, orange…and so many more.