- 500 g chicken mince, free range
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 15 ml spring onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup rolled oats, blended into fine crumbs
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 60 ml coconut oil, for frying
- 100 g fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
- 60 ml water
- 100 ml sweet chilli sauce, store bought
- Mix the mince, salt, pepper and spring onion together. Roll the mince into meat balls into your preferred size.
- Mix the coconut and fine oats in a flat dish, cover the meat balls with the oat & coconut ‘crumbs’. Fry them in coconut oil until golden brown and crispy.
- Cook the strawberries and water together for 8 minutes, mash the softened strawberries into a sauce. Once cooled, mix with the sweet chilli sauce.
Serve chicken meat balls with rice and strawberry sweet chilli sauce.
Comments: Served with a strawberry sweet chilli dip, this Middle-Eastern light meal was given the twist it lacked. Have it as an easy mid-week lunch or dinner, when long hours in the kitchen are not an option.