Melty cheese & smoky ham with terrific strawberry-red-wine jam! Yum!
Ingredients Serves 4
- 8 slices of Brioche OR Artisan wild yeast white bread
- ½ cup homemade strawberry jam
- 30 ml Red wine or port
- 4 slices cooked ham (good quality)
- 4 slices of Gruyere of strong cheddar cheese
- Spreadable butter
- Heat a large skillet or griddle.
- Mix the strawberry jam and red wine (or port) in a small bowl.
- Spread the 8 slices of bread with butter, place buttered sides on top of each other.
- Top the no butter sides with jam, ham and cheese.
- Place the other slices of bread on top with the butter on the outside.
- Grill the sandwiches on the griddle or skillet until golden brown and until the cheese melts.
- Cut in half and serve!