- 500g Large fresh strawberries, washed & hulled
- 100ml Cream cheese (full cream)
- 50ml Heavy thick cream
- 15ml Castor sugar
- Serving options: Fresh mint
- Mix the cream cheese and heavy cream together until smooth.
- Add the sugar to the cream cheese mix.
- Cut a ¼ of each strawberry tip-off. Make the bottom of the strawberry flat as well, to stand on a plate. Slice a thin ‘halo’ slice from each strawberry.
- Hollow each strawberry out to form a little cup. Fill each strawberry with the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the halo on each cheesecake cup and serve with fresh mint.
Marelie’s comments about this recipe:
Have these little strawberry angels adorn your Christmas table this year, to create an atmosphere of peace and joy! Serve either for breakfast with french toast, as a late afternoon snack or as a dessert after dinner.
A good idea: let the kids decorate these strawberry ‘angels’ with eyes and mouths to give them personality!