Ingredients (serves 4 – 6)
- 1x roll puff pastry, good quality, preferably made with butter
- 1 – 2x large ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 5 – 10ml Cape Malay Curry spice
- 5ml Himalayan fine salt
Optional: add cooked, thinly sliced chicken strips
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. You will need a 24cm flat tart pan. Roll the pastry slightly and fit it into the pan. Let about 1cm pastry hang over the edge.
- Sprinkle some Malay curry spice over the pastry. Place the avocado slices on top, sprinkle with Himalayan salt and lastly pack a thick layer of strawberries over the avocado. If you want to add chicken, place the chicken between the avocado and strawberry layer.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the pastry turns a golden brown colour.
- Serve as a light lunch or late afternoon snack with a seasonal vegetable stir-fry.
Marelie’s comments about this recipe:
July of 2020, is the month of easy-to-make recipes for me, probably due to “lockdown” and all the challenges that came with it.
Easy is one thing, but good-tasting quite something else. I am of the belief that when a recipe is easy to make, but it does not taste good, then it is not worth the time and effort. And that is why this Avocado-Strawberry-Malay curry tart takes the award for:
*Easy-to-make fantastic tasting recipe*
Try it with chicken for meat-eaters, and you will have a devoted following! The combination of avocado and strawberries in one dish work like a charm because they are both seasonal winter fruit.