Ingredients (serves 8-10)
- 3 cups Gluten-free cake flour
- 10 ml baking powder
- 5 ml baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 60 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups milk (cow, almond or coconut)
- 10 ml vanilla extract
- Two cups frozen strawberries from last season or fresh
- Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup icing sugar (confectioners’ sugar)
- 5 ml vanilla extract
- 30 – 60 ml strawberry puree
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Sift the flower, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the oil, milk, vinegar and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients and mix in a blender until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the batter into two greased cake pans (about 20cm). Bake for 30-35 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool completely in the pans. Remove and prepare to decorate on a beautiful cake plate.
- Cook the frozen strawberries slowly in a pan on the stove until soft and jam-like. Remove and let cool. Puree with a blender stick.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter until smooth. Sift the icing sugar over the smooth butter and mix until well blended. Add the strawberry puree and vanilla extract.
- Use just less than half of the frosting in the middle of the cake and the rest on top.
- Serve with fresh strawberries!