- 10x small peppers, halved and deseeded
- 1x small red onion
- 10x calamata olives, pips removed and cut into small bits
- Olive oil
- 5ml Fresh lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut the red onion into small pieces.
- Cut the olives and strawberries into equally small pieces as the onion.
- Mix the onion, olives and strawberries in a bowl. Add the olive oil lemon juice, salt and pepper Mix well and let stand while preparing the bell peppers.
- Halve the bell peppers and deseed. Rub the insides with lemon juice.
- Fill the bell pepper boats with the onion filling & SERVE as a nutritious side dish!
This clever side dish can be served as an Avant Garde salad. You can make it bite size, depending on the size of bell peppers available, or you can use larger bell peppers. In South Africa, bell peppers are harvested during autumn and in the winter months. Fruit and vegetables taste so much better when harvested in season and that is why Bell Peppers and Strawberries are well paired flavour-buddies.