Ingredients (serves 4 )
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (I used brown flour)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 10 ml baking powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¾ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup cold butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup fresh cream
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest, salt and
- Cinnamon. Cut the butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir the cream into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead five times! Gently knead the Strawberries into the dough. Break chunks of the dough and pat into 8cm circles on a floured baking tray.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm with strawberry jam and farm butter.