Strawberry Jam a la spicy goodness
· 500g peaches, peeled, stoned and diced
· 400g strawberries, hulled and diced
· 400g brown sugar (or white if you want a lighter jam)
· 15g fresh ginger, finely diced. (add fresh turmeric for extra zing!)
· juice of 1 lemon
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 60-80 minutes, until thickened. Test the jam by smearing some on a cold plate: it should congeal quickly.
2. Transfer to sterilized jars, let cool and keep in a cool dark place.