- 150 g butter melted, plus extra butter for rolling the balls
- 8-10 marshmallows
- 350 ml Strawberry flavoured popped rice cereal
- 200g fresh strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
- 8-10 bamboo (sosatie) sticks
- Place the butter and marshmallows in a sauce pan. Melt over low heat until the marshmallows are melted. Mix until well blended.
- Add the popped rice to the butter mix and carefully mix through.
- Butter your hands well, and make sure the rice crispy mix is warm but not too hot. Roll mini ‘moon’ balls, and place them on a clean plate to set and cool down.
- Wash the fresh strawberries to remove any sand, remember to always serve fresh strawberries at room temperature for maximum sweetness.
- Serve the strawberry moons and fresh strawberries on the sticks.
Involving young children to learn some basic things in the kitchen is always a good idea. Getting them excited to make something sweet might make their involvement much easier. This strawberry popped rice cereal I used are coloured with beetroot powder, so look out for this added nutritional value in the ingredient list.