Strawberry Whole-wheat Bread
2 cups of stone ground whole meal flour
1 cup brown sugar
2 organic eggs
7x medium strawberries, cut in ling strips
60ml sunflower seeds
65 ml water
5ml bicarbonate of soda
7.5 ml baking soda
Pinch of salt
Heat the oven to 175 C.
1. Cream the butter and sugar together, until light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs and mix until well incorporated
3. Add the baking powder, salt and whole wheat flour.
One cup at a time.
4. Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in the water and add to the mixture.
5. Add the cut strawberries and sunflower seeds and mix carefully through.
6. Place the dough in an oiled bread tin, bake for 45 minutes or until cooked.
Serve with biltong, Brie cheese and a balsamic mustard reduction.
(inbox us for the balsamic mustard reduction recipe)