- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups full cream milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt, fine
- 450g fresh strawberries washed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Mix the condensed milk, evaporated milk and full cream milk and sugar in a bowl. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours to cool.
- Place the strawberries in a blender and blend till smooth, add the lemon juice salt, and chopped basil and mix with a spoon, let stand to infuse.
- Add the strawberry mixture to the sweet milk mixture.
- Pour into a shallow dish, freeze for 3-4 hours until hard.
- Take out of the fridge half an hour before serving
- Serve in preferred block sizes.
Marelie’s comments about this recipe:
I just loved these ice cream blocks! What a treat to cut them into any size you want and suck on them on a blazing hot afternoon! You can replace the basil with any herb such as Mint, Rosemary or Sage. The oils in herbs have wonderful essential properties such as mint assists with digestion and sage is loaded with antioxidants. This recipe is a great idea for little ones, so why not sneak fresh herbs into the ice cream as well!