- 2x Italian-style paninis
- 60ml Mayonnaise, preferably home-made
- 15ml Olive oil
- 5ml Whole grain mustard
- ½ Cup fresh strawberries, hulled and cut into slices
- 1x Brie
- 1x Grilled chicken breast, cut into slices
- 4x Fresh basil leaves
- Black pepper
- Cut the paninis lengthwise, butter them and toast until crispy on both sides.
- Layer the chicken slices, basil leaves, strawberry slices and brie onto one panini half.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the olive oil and mustard until runny, drizzle over the layers and serve!
Marelie’s comments about this recipe:
Panini means “little bread”, today also known as a bread roll. A quick to serve, healthy and delicious panini brings many conversations to the table…. Such as: How can you serve sweet fruit with meat … or is this enough food to make me feel full and satisfied? To all these questions I can only say YES! Paninis with interesting, never to be thought of combinations are all hugged by its outer artisan bread layer and soothed with a clever little sauce, such as mayonnaise used in this recipe. Make sure to use healthy ingredients and good quality bread, baked by an artisan baker that uses wild yeast, pre-fermentation methods and slow baking to deliver the most delicious textures!