Oreo cookie ingredients:
- ¾ cup oat flour
- (to make your own oat flour: blend rolled oats until flour consistency)
- 1/3 cup cornflour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 30ml of honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 45ml of cornflour
- ¼ cup coconut oil or butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 ˚C
- To make the dough: In a small bowl mix the oats flour, cacao, baking soda and salt together.
- In another bowl mix the coconut oil, raw honey and vanilla essence together.
- Add the oil mixture to the oat mixture and mix well!
- Scoop the dough on a sheet of parchment or wax paper, form into a flat log shape.
Carefully roll the log up into the parchment paper, place in the freezer for 30 min.
- Make the filling: blend the honey, vanilla, cornflour and butter together until creamy and smooth. Set aside until cookies are baked.
- Take the log from the freezer and cut into 1 cm slices with a sharp knife.
- Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes until set, but not hard. Let them cool for a few minutes.
- Spread the one side of the biscotti with strawberry filling and place another biscotti on top!
Marelie’s comments about this recipe:
Trust me to create a twist on the sacred biscotti biscuit…I ask forgiveness to all Italian citizens visiting this website and discovering this recipe. I do not have to ask for forgiveness for how this biscuit taste, though! It even tasted fantastic in its frozen form before baking. Serve it for teatime, dessert or pack it in lunch boxes.