- 100ml Mayonnaise, good quality store-bought
- 5x fresh strawberries, hulled and cut into small blocks
- 10ml grated fresh ginger, or ginger root extract
- Pinch of salt
Optional: Black Pepper
- Cut the strawberries into tiny little blocks
- In a bowl mix the strawberries, mayonnaise, ginger root extract, salt and black pepper according to taste
- Serve the strawberry mayonnaise with a salad of choice or smoked turkey sandwich!
Marelie’s comments about this recipe:
Mayonnaise in English, Majonnäs in Sweden, Mayonesa in Spain or μαγιονέζα in Greece, is one of the most loved spreads, dips or mixing agents for fillings around the world! Home-made mayonnaise is first class, but some store-bought versions made with real eggs and olive oil is a convenient replacement.
Making this strawberry mayonnaise was such a delight, seeing the red of the strawberries tinting the mayonnaise a light pink. Adding cold-pressed ginger root extract increased the nutritional value and simultaneously adding a twist to the flavour of this going-to-be dip or salad dressing.
Enjoy it with a nartjie, red onion, pomegranate and rocket salad!