- 500ml Full cream Greek yogurt
- 30ml Brown sugar
- 30ml Sumac (ground berries with a tart lemon-like flavour)
- 15ml Freshly grated ginger
- 1 Cardamom pod seeds
- 250g Large strawberries, washed and hulled
Serving options: Fresh mint or sage
- Mix the yogurt, grated ginger, cardamom seeds, sugar and sumac together. Freeze overnight.
- Take the frozen yogurt out of the fridge the next day, half an hour before making the milkshake to soften a bit.
- Slice the strawberries into slices.
- Blend the strawberries, leaves and yogurt together until smooth.
- Serve on a hot summer’s afternoon!
Marelie’s comments about this recipe:
Good quality yogurt provides healthy fats, calcium and some probiotics. Serving it with ginger, strawberries and cardamom takes this milkshake recipe to the top of the list as a healthy treat!